Transitions in health
The Leicester City Transitions Team for Health is part of the Diana Specialist Nursing Service in the Families, Young People and Children's (FYPC) division of Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT).
The team support young people from age 14 – 25 years who are registered with a city GP and who have ongoing healthcare needs. They provide support to young people and their families as they prepare to become an adult and the move to adult health services.
How the Transitions Team can help
The Transitions Team offers advice, support and coordination to young people and their families as they prepare for adulthood and help them with the transition to adult healthcare services.
Home visits can be provided to:
- Establish on going healthcare needs
- Involve young people and their families in planning for their future
- Work with young people and their families to produce a personalised health action plan which will include information about who can provide the support they need in adulthood
The team can also:
- Attend person centered reviews at schools
- Offer advice to other professionals around overall transitions to adulthood and adult healthcare services
- Work with schools, social care providers and other agencies to support planning for transition.
How to get support
If you know of any young person with ongoing healthcare needs that may benefit from Transitions Team support, please contact:
Leicester City Transitions Team for Health
Diana Specialist Nursing Services
Bridge Park Plaza
Bridge Park Rd
Available Monday - Friday 8.30am – 5pm