About Local Offer
Every local authority must publish information about the types of services, advice and support young people between the ages of 0 to 25 and their parents and carers can expect to find on offer in their city or county.
Our Local Offer
This information has to be found in one place and is grouped in the following way:
- About SEND
- Early years
- Schools and learning
- Statutory assessments
- Care and support
- Health and wellbeing
- Preparing for adulthood
- Welfare rights and benefits
- Search for support services
More than a directory
The government states that we must involve young people and their parents and carers in the Local Offer. Leicester is doing this through You said, we did where visitors to the website can tell us what is good and how we can improve our information.
We also have Your voice which provides city people with the power to influence policy and commissioning.
Accessing the Local Offer without a computer
We are very aware that not everyone feels confident to use information technology or that every household owns a computer. Therefore, it is essential that other ways of accessing this information is made known to these groups of people.
To make the Local Offer accessible to all; the following arrangements are in place:
- Local Offer is available from a smart (mobile) phone
- Information centres across the city will help search for information online
- Support services such as SENDIASS will help you navigate the Local Offer
- Local Offer Live and other public events gives access to information
- Community groups and organisations such as Citizens Advice
- Schools, colleges and health workers
For more information about the Local Offer contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MyChoice - search for services in that support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.